Monday, December 26, 2011

Stillness

Doves

I want
the words to flutter around you and land softly
on your shoulders in peace.
I want you to hear them
tell you of heaven.

Stand still
and they will gather.

William B. Lynch



This is one of my favourite poems, and has been for as long as I can remember. I'm feeling this way tonight. Had a wonderful day, really, with all of my closest loved ones nearby. There is still some friction with one loved one - and maybe this is part of the reason why I am feeling the need to let go of struggling, and just LET. To be still, to allow perfect grace to fall like a soft new snowfall, on my shoulders. And, to say to this loved one, "I want the same for you - for you to feel the stillness that will bring answers".

I also love the last words, "Stand still / and they will gather".
How often do we look outside ourselves for happiness, for solutions to our problems? More money, the perfect relationship, the list could go on..
It isn't always easy to stand still. It is more tempting to run around doing things, or try to run away from our problems.

But the answers ARE within. Standing still in our thoughts, being perfectly still, in oneness with the divine, with all that is pure and good, knowing it so deeply that it infuses our being. This, this brings peace. Brings the words, thoughts, messages, that gently, quietly settle in our consciousness, stilling fear, lack, even pain.


Blessings to you, tonight.
Janine

No comments:

Post a Comment